Domestic violence injunctions are serious matters with consequences that can last a lifetime including:
- Any restraining order is a public record that can be uncovered by employers during the most basic background search which can impact your ability to get a job for the rest of your life;
- That record and the allegations made by the petitioner can never be sealed or expunged even if the judge finds the allegations to be unfounded after a hearing;
- While the injunction is in effect, you lose certain civil rights, including the right to possess a firearm;
- Being ordered to get a psychological examination and complete any recommended follow-up treatment;
- Being ordered to attend 26 weeks of classes for the Batterer's Intervention Program;
- Being ordered to pay child support or spousal support; and
- Being ordered to have no contact or only supervised contact with your children.
- Contact me today so we can discuss the details of your case and handle injunction of protection against domestic violence or repeat violence. And I represent clients charged with domestic violence.
I represent clients in the following zip codes: 32112, 32131, 32139, 32140, 32147, 32148, 32157, 32177, 32181, 32187, 32189, 32193, 32666, 32110, 32136, 32137 and 32164.